Friday, June 19, 2009

Rekindled by Tamera Alexander

"When her husband disappears into a mountain snowstorm one morning, Kathryn Jennings is flung into the world of ranching, banking, and business. Penniless and pregnant, Kathryn is determined to keep her land as a legacy for her child. The man who offers her a job seems to have an awful lot of secrets, but she is desperate. Most disconcerting of all is the uncanny familiarity she feels toward the badly scarred ranch hand who works in the dark shadows of the horse stables." -BookReads

I’m not sure if I can really give this one a fair review. I enjoyed the overall story, but I did skim or skip over a lot of the book. I think the book was just too long and boring. The book was written by a Christian author, so overall it was pretty clean. However, these type books just take on such a serious note, and it’s like the authors try and throw in all the horrible things that can go on in the world just to eventually prove the point of God’s love and forgiveness. In a lot of ways it reminded me of the book Redeeming Love. I did like this one a bit more it wasn’t as descriptive or depressing.

It’s a nice love story and I enjoyed the times when Kathryn and Larson are actually together. Overall it was an okay read; some may really enjoy the nice slow pace. This is the first in a trilogy, not sure if I will read the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!