Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fame, Glory, and Other Things On My To Do List by Janette Rallison

Genre: YA-Fiction

Author Site: www.janetterallison.com

First Line: “In my opinion, children ought to be able to chose their own names.”

One Word Review: Entertaining

Summary: “Sixteen year-old Jessica dreams of Hollywood fame, and when Jordan moves into her small town, she dreams of him too. He’s a movie star’s son, and hey, he’s gorgeous to boot. Jordan has always wanted to get out from the shadow cast by his superstar father, but now that he and his mother have moved so far away from LA, how can he get his divorced parents back together? Jessica convinces Jordan the way to get his father to come for a long visit is to be a part of the school play. And if she’s “discovered” in the process, all the better. Things go wrong when she lets Jordan’s secret identity slip, and grow even more disastrous when the principal tries to change West Side Story into a gangfree, violence-free, politically correct production.” -GoodReads

My Review: So, the first chapter was probably the funniest I’ve read in a long time. Rallison is the queen of coming up with and writing awkward situations. She probably topped the first chapter with the second to last chapter, in which I was literally laughing out loud. This was a fun story, I’m not much of a “drama” person, but I really enjoyed this setting. Jordan is a great lead, but he was absent for a good chunk of the story. It would be fun to have a two-person point of view for one of her books. Anyway, Jessica was a fun lead; I really liked her character and thought she had a fun, witty personality. Her and Jordan were fun together and had good chemistry. I really enjoyed this book and would totally recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. That looks really cute and fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrea-It really is a fun read, I laughed a lot. You'll have to let me know if you read it, the first chapter is seriously so awkward and funny.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!