Sunday, August 23, 2009

La Petite Four by Regina Scott

Genre: YA-Fiction

Author Site: www.reginascott.com

First Line: “Lady Emily Southwell, trained from birth to be the refined daughter of a duke, did the unthinkable.”

One Word Review: Good

Summary: “Emily and her three best friends can't wait for the year's biggest party: the Coming-Out Ball that will plunge them into the seductions, scandals, and decadence of nineteenth-century London Society. But when dashing Lord Robert puts a wrinkle in their plans, Emily and her crew hatch an investigation to expose his dark side - a move which puts them right in the path of the stubborn, yet curiously attractive James Cropper. Readers will have to fluff up their ball gowns and hang on to their corsets as Emily decides between Robert and James, love and independence, and ultimately discovers just how far she'll go to follow her own heart.” -GoodReads

My Review: I can’t remember how I came upon this book, but I’m glad I did. It was an enjoyable story with likable characters. It reminded me a lot of a few others books (The Season, Aurelia, And Only to Deceive), and those stories kept running through my mind as I read La Petite Four. Emily and her three best friends have been planning their coming out ball for ages, and when Emily’s long-time betrothed shows up and cancels Emily’s plans she decides she needs to get out of the engagement. The four become detectives as they follow Lord Robert around trying to uncover any secret that could end Emily’s engagement. It was a fun story, with mystery and a little romance.

Other Reviews:
And Another Book Read
The Story Siren

1 comment:

  1. Thats sounds like a fun little book, great review.


    I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!