Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Genre: YA Fantasy

Author Website: www.cynbalog.com

One Word Review: Enjoyable

First Line: “People call me spooky.”

Synopsis: “Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other. But a week before their joint Sweet Sixteen bash, everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away. When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the source of Cam's distance isn't another girl- it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King. Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their “perfect” love can weather an uncertain future.” -GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: I started reading this one a little while ago and put it down to read a few other books and I decided today to give it another try. Looking back, I’m not sure why I didn’t get into it right away (maybe I was nervous for the outcome) because I ended up really enjoying the story. For me the whole thing was bitter-sweet, and I’m still a little sad about how everything ended up, even though it’s clear things ended the way they were supposed to. I liked Morgan, Cameron and Pip. It was an interesting love triangle, in which I still feel one of them gets the short end of the stick. I didn’t feel that Morgan’s “abilities” were really explained well enough, but they did add an interesting aspect to the story. I guess I’ve gotten used to reading so many series that I’m a little sad this is a standalone book. I wouldn’t mind a companion novel that follows a certain character and maybe give them a “happily ever after” of their own. A really enjoyable read, unique story and fun fairy lore.

5 comments:

  1. This has been in the library queue for me forever! I can't wait to read it. Boy fairies sound unusual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my TBR list, even though the description sounds really silly. I just really like fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting take on fairies with the boy being the fairy. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy! GREAT BLOG, I thought I would see what all the talk was about.
    I too enjoyed this book. I also had that feeling that everything turned out the was it was suppose to, but it still felt kind of off. But a good YA read.
    Deb Mills

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised how much I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!