Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Masquerade by Sierra St. James

Genre: Fiction

Publication Date: June 2001

One Word Review: Enjoyable

First Line: “…and they lived happily ever after.”


Synopsis: “Meet Clarissa, a young, divorced mother in desperate need of a job to support herself and her little girl. Bring in Slade, a handsome Hollywood star, also divorced and in desperate need of a nanny for Bella, his four-year-old whirlwind of a daughter. Throw them together in Hawaii and the scene would be set for the perfect romance – except that Clarissa had to pretend to be married to get the job in the first place, and now she doesn't dare tell Slade other-wise.” -GoodReads


Kathy’s Review: Just one more amazing book by Janette Rallison (Sierra St. James)! I started this book last night with the intention of only reading a couple chapters….so of course I ended up staying up way past my bedtime reading the entire book! I just couldn’t put it down. Clarissa and Slade have great chemistry and Rallison really writes wonderful dialogue between the two. I’m not sure how she keeps coming up with awkward and embarrassing moments, but she does. Clarissa has more than her fair share, but they really are endearing moments and make you like her all the more. I thought the storyline was pretty original and it was fun seeing a glimpse into the Hollywood lifestyle. I was sad when the book ended, I would love to have had a few more chapters but was of course happy with how things ended up. Great book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!