Sunday, November 29, 2009

Silksinger by Laini Taylor

Genre: YA Fiction

Publication Date: September 2009

Author Website: www.lainitaylor.com

One Word Review: Amazing

First Line: “Whisper Silksinger knew two kinds of death.”

Synopsis: “Whisper Silksinger is the last of the secret guardians of the Azazel, one of the powerful Dijnn who dreamed the world into being. Relentlessly pursued by bloodthirsty devils, she flees to the city of Nazneen to restore the Azazel to his temple. At the same time, Hirik Mothmage is also on a secret quest, to find the Azazel and restore his disgraced clan's ancient honor. And behind them all flies Magpie Windwitch, first champion of the new age of faeries, desperate to rescue Whisper and the Azazel alike before the fall in the clutches of a sinister hidden enemy.”-GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: Ever since I read Blackbringer back in April I have been dying to get my hands on Silksinger. I was eager to find out what happens with Magpie, Talon and their flock of lovable crows. I was surprised when I started reading Silksinger to find that the main focus of the story is a new heroine by the name of Whisper. I fell in love with Whisper right off the bat. She is very unique from Magpie, in that she is very quiet, tender, and timid. At the same time she is still very brave and strives to do the right thing. She has a huge responsibility which she takes very seriously. We’re also introduced to a new hero, Hirik, who I also loved right away and was eagerly awaiting the meeting of Hirik and Whisper. They are very cute together and I really enjoyed learning their stories. No worries though, Magpie and Talon are still very present in this story and I was pleased to see that they are still just as amazing as they had been before. We’re thrown into the action from the very first page and it doesn’t let up until the end. The story ends on a cliffhanger and once again I’m left eagerly awaiting the next installment!

I’m still amazed by the world Laini Taylor has created. She is a great writer and has created a very complex world full of amazing places and characters. This is one of my favorite faerie stories and I hope everyone reads it! Its full of fantasy, adventure, friendship, duty, heartache, loyalty, magic, and I could go on and on.

Dreamdark Series:

Book One: Blackbringer
Book Two: Silksinger

1 comment:

  1. I have this one on my nightstand! I can't wait to read it! I loved Blackbringer as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!