Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

I’ve started compiling a list of all the books coming out in 2010 (I love lists). And realized there are SO many books coming out I’ll need to double up some of my WOW posts. I try and chose books that will be coming within the month of the post. This gives me less anxiety then if I post for something that is coming out nine months from now. So, this week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:

Magic Under Glass
By Jaclyn Dolamore
Release Date: December 22, 2009 (I’ve heard it won’t be released till Feb, anyone know for sure?)

Synopsis: “Nimira is a music-hall performer forced to dance for pennies to an audience of leering drunks. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to do a special act - singing accompaniment to an exquisite piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumours abound about ghosts, a mad woman roaming the halls, and of Parry's involvement in a gang of ruthless sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. When Nimira discovers the spirit of a dashing young fairy gentleman is trapped inside the automaton's stiff limbs, waiting for someone to break the curse and set him free, the two fall in love. But it is a love set against a dreadful race against time to save the entire fairy realm, which is in mortal peril.” -GoodReads

Why I’m Waiting: First, I love the cover(s) for this one. It looks like something right out of a fairy tale (which I’m always a sucker for). Second, sounds like a fun fantasy premise with sorcerers, fairies, and curses that need to be broken. And lastly, it sounds like it will have a nice romantic element that is always my favorite. I’m really excited for this one and will definitely be adding it to my Christmas list.


Tangled
By Carolyn Mackler
Release Date: December 22, 2009

Synopsis: “Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all at Paradise—the resort in the Caribbean, that is—for different reasons, but in Paradise their lives become tangled together in ways none of them can predict. Over the course of four months, through four voices and four stories, what happened in Paradise will change them all.” -GoodReads

Why I’m Waiting: I admit, a big reason why I want this one is because of the cover! I think the story sounds interesting and I’m hoping there will be a nice romantic storyline in there somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. Those are 2 great books. Thanks for the heads up on them. I'll be adding them to my tbr pile. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yes, I'm waiting on Magic Under Glass too. Great choices this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!