Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:

Stupid Cupid

By Rhonda Stapleton
Release Date: December 29, 2009

Synopsis: “Felicity's no ordinary teen matchmaker...she's a cupid! Felicity Walker believes in true love. That's why she applies for a gig at the matchmaking company Cupid's Hollow. But when Felicity gets the job, she learns that she isn't just a matchmaker...she's a cupid! (There's more than one of them, you know.) Armed with a hot pink, tricked-out PDA infused with the latest in cupid magic (love arrows shot through email), Felicity works to meet her quota of successful matches. But when she bends the rules of cupidity by matching her best friend Maya with three different boys at once, disaster strikes. Felicity needs to come up with a plan to set it all right, pronto, before she gets fired?and before Maya ends up with her heart split in three.” -GoodReads


Why I’m Waiting: This appears to be the first book in a trilogy, all have cute titles and covers. I thought the storyline sounded cute and lighthearted. I love me some romance and this sounds like a treat.


The Lonely Hearts Club
By Elizabeth Eulberg
Release Date: December 29, 2009

Synopsis: “Penny is sick of boys and sick of dating. So she vows: no more. It's a personal choice. . .and, of course, soon everyone wants to know about it. And a few other girls are inspired. A movement is born: The Lonely Hearts Club (named after the band from Sgt. Pepper). Penny is suddenly known for her nondating ways . . . which is too bad, because there's this certain boy she can't help but like.” -GoodReads

Why I’m Waiting: Again, this has a great cover and the blurb on GoodReads sounds interesting. I’ve read a few reviews already and it seems people are enjoying it. I’ll be adding this to my Christmas list!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you have books not yet out to let us know about. I really like the sound of the second book and look forward to your review. Keep up the AWESOME Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound so cute! Can't wait.
    Alayne
    The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Stupid Cupid souns like a modern version of Jane Austen's Emma which is no bad thing. Of course, I could be commenting nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of Stupid Cupid! Sounds like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward for The Lonely Hearts Club too :) The synopsis sounds so interesting!

    By the way, congrats!
    You just won an award here at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!