Saturday, February 6, 2010

Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley

Genre: LDS Fiction

Publication Date: June 2009

One Word Review: Good

Author Website: www.rebeccatalley.com

First Line: “Her wedding day.”

Synopsis: The perfect day. The perfect marriage. The perfect groom. What could go wrong? Caitlyn has been preparing for her perfect wedding all her life. But when her fiancé abandons her at the altar, Caitlyn vows she'll never love again. Going to BYU doesn't make that easy, however, and avoiding all social contact can only last so long. When her bishop calls her to be the mom of her Family Home Evening group, Caitlyn is suddenly thrust into surprising circumstances that leave her flustered the attention of two unwanted suitors. Travis, the FHE dad, has plans to woo Caitlyn by using his cowboy charms while Chase has his own ideas for dating her. Will Travis or Chase change her mind about love? Or will it be déjà vu? Follow Caitlyn through all the flirtatious looks, dates, ex-girlfriends, and unexpected surprises.--GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: I was surprised with this one. I thought it would be fairly predictable and the story would unfold a certain way and I’m glad it had a few twists and ended up totally different than I was expecting. I enjoyed the characters and reading about Caitlyn’s story. Caitlyn is understandable jaded after being ditched at the altar; I can see why she would be so resistant to dating again. I admit I was a little upset by how fast she fell in love again (after three dates) and it really did seem like a rebound thing. I just didn’t think they spent enough time together to really fall in love or even get to know each other. Personally, I think it would have been a little more believable if they had dated for at least a few weeks before everything else happened. I think if things are really right then taking some time to date will only make your relationship stronger. I’ll get off my soap-box, but I will say that even though I would have tweaked a few of the story lines, I still thought it was well written and I enjoyed it.
Bookworm Rating: 3

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review! I appreciate it. It's loosely based on my courtship with my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it sounds sweet if a little meh. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!