Monday, February 15, 2010

The Girl With the Persian Shawl by Elizabeth Mansfield

Genre: Regency

Author: Elizabeth Mansfield (Paula Schwartz)

Publication Date: November 2002

One Word Review: Okay

Author Website: www.elizabethmansfield.com

First Line: “Mr. Josiah Crowell heaved a huge sigh.”

Synopsis: Always speaking her mind in public, Kate Rendell is ill-suited for any bachelor in Sussex. But, when an admirer of her family's famous portrait strikes her fancy, it seems that the un-matchable girl has finally met her match...

Kathy’s Review: This was just okay for me, it didn’t blow me away, but it also didn’t bore me. It has some nice moments and I did like our leading man, Lord Ainsworth. At times I felt like it was kind of jumping perspectives a little too much, I usually only prefer two narrators at most. Our heroine Kate isn’t the most likable characters, she gets a little better as the book goes on, but I had a hard time liking her at the beginning. Overall, it kept me reading and I will probably check out other books by Mansfield.
Bookworm Rating: 2.5

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!