Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Stillburrow Crush by Linda Kage

Genre: Teen Lit

Publication Date: February 2010

One Word Review: Good

Author Website: www.lindakage.com

First Line: “I couldn’t believe it.”

Synopsis: Sixteen year old, Carrie Paxton isn't the most popular girl in her small town of Stillburrow. But that's never concerned her before. Her life revolves around her writing, and she loves her job as the student editor of the school paper. But when she gets assigned to interview the football team's beloved quarterback, she takes one look into Luke Carter's blue eyes and is a goner. Suddenly, she doesn't like her lowly rank so much. Then her dreamy, popular crush surprises her when he starts to act as if he likes her in return. But there's no way Luke Carter could possibly ever like a nobody like Carrie Paxton. Is there? --GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: I was lucky enough to interview Linda Kage a few weeks ago about Stillburrow Crush. It sounded just like the kind of teen lit that I enjoy, and I wasn’t disappointed. It actually was a lot better than a lot of teen books I’ve read lately. I thought the characters and story were deeper than expected. The writing was well done, and although there were a couple things I didn’t care for, overall I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys YA books. Carrie was a likable character, really easy to relate to. I like that she kind of did her own thing and didn’t worry about what other people thought (for the most part). I also liked Luke, he is the hot quarterback who everyone loves, but he is also a nice guy. I thought Luke and Carrie had good chemistry together; they actually seemed like a good/believable match.

Bookworm Rating: 3.5

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you liked The Stillburrow Crush, Kath! We're really proud of Linda and her book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book I would enjoy. I sometimes feel embarrassed about how much I enjoy teen romance books. I'm 36 with 4 kids, you would think I'm past that stage but I still enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!