Saturday, April 17, 2010

Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden

Genre: Regency Romance

Publication Date: March 2010

One Word Review: Charming

Author Website: www.sarahmeden.com

First Line: “First thing in the morning, I am throwing her in the Thames.”

GoodReads Synopsis: Harry Windover adores blonde, green-eyed Athena Lancaster, but alas, a penniless man like himself has no hope of winning a young noblewoman's hand. To add insult to injury, Athena's brother-in-law and guardian, the Duke of Kielder, has asked Harry to assist Athena in finding the gentleman of her dreams. But the lovesick Harry is cunning as well: as the weeks pass, he introduces Athena to suitors who are horrifically boring, alarmingly self-absorbed, and utterly ridiculous. Athena can't comprehend why she is having so little success meeting eligible and acceptable gentlemen. Indeed, her circle of admirers couldn't be less admirable-nothing like the loyal, gentle friend she's found in Harry. But how long can Harry's scheme be hidden before it is discovered? And what will Athena do when she uncovers Harry's deception? Escape into a charming regency world in this delightfully romantic comedy of manners that will entertain you to the very last word.

Kathy’s Review: I was lucky enough to do an interview with Sarah Eden back in February, and I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Courting Miss Lancaster when I was home in Utah last week. I curled up today and thoroughly enjoyed entering the wonderful Regency world Eden created. This was my first Eden book, and it made me want to read ALL her other books even more so. I loved the characters Athena and Harry, they were so cute with each other and as the story went on I just liked them more and more. I loved the supporting characters as well; Harry's best friend, the formidable Adam and Athena's loving sister Persephone. The plot was a lot of fun, especially the crazy guys Harry was introducing to Athena. It definitely was one of the best regency’s I’ve read. I loved Eden’s take on marriage, which can sometimes be painting in a negative light in Regency novels, but Eden brings an honesty and love that was endearing and true. I would definitely recommend this to everyone, especially those who love romance, regency and humor.

Bookworm Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm glad to hear you liked this one. I have it on hold at the library. It should be awhile since I'm number 252 but I'm looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!