Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Highwayman of Tanglewood by Marcia Lynn McClure

Genre: Romance

Publication Date: August 2008

One Word Review: Good

Author Website: www.marcialynnmcclure.com

GoodReads Synopsis: A chambermaid in the house of Tremeshton, Faris Shayhan well knew torment, despair and trepidation. To Faris it seemed the future stretched long and desolate before herbleak and as dark as a lonesome midnight path. Still, the moon oft casts hopeful luminosity to light ones way. So it was that Lady Maranda Rockrimmon cast hope upon Farisset Faris upon a different patha path of happiness, serenity and love. Faris abandoned the tainted air of Tremeshton in favor of the amethyst sunsets of Loch Loland Castle and her new mistress Lady Rockrimmon. Further, it was on the very night of her emancipation that Faris first met the man of her dreamsthe man of every womans dreams the rogue Highwayman of Tanglewood. Dressed in black and astride his mighty steed, the brave, heroic and dashing rogue Highwayman of Tanglewood stole Faris heart as easily as he stole her kiss. Yet, the Highwayman of Tanglewood was encircled in mysterymystery as thick and as secretive as time itself. Could Faris truly own the heart of a man so entirely enveloped in twilight shadows and dangerous secrets

Kathy’s Review: I actually finished this one earlier in the week and have finally found a second to sit down and write a review. I think this may have been my favorite McClure book so far. I really enjoyed the story; it has a Robin Hood/Zorro feel to it. It has adventure, mystery, and of course romance. I guess I’ve gotten used to the “cheese factor” in McClure’s books, to the point I hardly notice it anymore. The characters still have odd names, but their personalities are very likable. I thought our leading lady Faris was a great heroine. I liked her from the beginning, I also liked that she addresses the issues of how fast she falls for the Highwayman of Tanglewood. It drives me crazy in stories when couple meet once or twice and are then declaring their undying love. At least in this story they talked about it and it was believable. As for our mystery man, I figure it out right away, but it was still fun reading about him. I liked him in his “true” character as well as the Highwayman. Overall, a very enjoyable read and would recommend it to anyone. McClure’s are a little addicting, they have fun stories, good romances and I find myself wanting to read more and more.
Bookworm Rating: 4.5

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one. Probably my favorite one from this author. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!