Thursday, September 2, 2010

Santa Maybe by Aubrey Mace

Genre: Holiday Chick Lit

Publication Date: 2009

One Word Review: Cute

Author Website: www.aubreymace.com

First Line: “When I was younger, I fell in love like most people change their socks.”

GoodReads Synopsis: With a successful bakery to run, super cute nices and nephews to spoil, and plenty of good griends to keep her company, Abbie’s not about to start crying over the fact that she doesn’t have a boyfriend to spend Christmas with. But when her sister convinces her to write a note to Santa, Abbie has no idea that a little Christmas magic is about to land her the mad of her dreams. Or rather, that man is about to land smack dab on the floor in front of her Christmas tree—with no memory of how he got there. Now Abbie and Ben have to figure out where he came from, who he really is, and if he’s actually available.

Kathy’s Review: I’ve actually wanted to read this since last Christmas and was finally able to get my hands on a copy. I think it would be a perfect holiday book to curl up with next to a warm fire. Anyway, I thought it was a cute story, well written and had likable characters. Abbie and Ben were cute together, I’m not sure how realistic their whole situation was, she seemed to accept this stranger into her house rather quickly, even offering to make him breakfast. I guess if it we’re me the last think I would do is offer to make an intruder breakfast, even if he was hot. The only other thing that kind of bothered me was Abbie’s sister Grace, again her reaction to the whole situation just didn’t seem very real. It drives me crazy when married people suddenly forget how hard dating is and start giving single people the worst advice (especially things they probably never would have done when they were dating). Anyway, it’s a cute, lighthearted story and I can see myself reading it again once the holidays roll around.

Bookworm Rating: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!