Friday, February 11, 2011

Being Jamie Baker by Kelly Oram

Genre: Fantasy, Teen Lit
Publication Date: June 2010
One Word Review: Okay
Author Website: www.beingjamiebaker.com

GoodReads Synopsis: An accident that should end in tragedy instead gives seventeen-year-old Jamie Baker a slew of uncontrollable superhuman abilities. To keep her secret safe Jamie socially exiles herself, earning the title of Rocklin High's resident ice queen. But during a supercharged encounter with star quarterback Ryan Miller she literally kisses anonymity goodbye. Now the annoyingly irresistible Ryan will stop at nothing to melt the heart of the ice queen and find out what makes her so special. Unfortunately, Ryan is not the only person on to her secret. Will Jamie learn to contain her unstable powers before being discovered by the media or turned into a government lab rat? More importantly, can she throw Ryan Miller off her trail before falling in love with him?

Kathy's Review: Wavering between a 2 and a 3. I started out really liking the story and idea for the book. About halfway through I got bored, things became repeditive and I was liking Jamie less and less. I guess curiosity and the fact that I liked Ryan kept me reading.

The ending was okay, a little action thrown on at the end. By that point though I had already begun to lose interest. There was also a side story that I thought was a little random and didn't really fit with the story.

Overall, it was just okay. It had a lot of potential, but fell a little flat for me

Bookworm Rating: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!