Thursday, September 22, 2011

Entwined by Heather Dixon


GoodReads Synopsis: Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it. The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation. Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest. But there is a cost. The Keeper likes to keep things. Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


Kathy’s Review: Don’t you just love this cover? I try not to judge a book by their cover, but it’s really hard not to. When I saw this book, I really wanted to jump into the picture and follow her to the castle. As much as I wanted to like this book, it ended up falling a little flat for me. It seemed long and very slow in parts. The story was interesting enough that I wanted to keep reading to see what would happen, but I didn’t feel sucked in. I liked our main character Azalea, she was sweet and really wanted to do what was right for her sisters. I found following 12 princesses to be a little confusing at times. I didn’t really care for Princess Bramble, she was too moody and kind of mean. The others sisters were okay. I actually kind of liked the King and felt bad for him. He was obviously heartbroken and was really trying to win the girls over. I had a hard time getting over the fact that the even though they were royalty they were practically poor. Not sure why or why they being poor would be good for the story, just didn’t make sense. The last few chapters were good though, I really enjoyed how everything worked out. It’s an interesting retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses and worth reading if you enjoy fairy tales.

Bookworm Rating: 3


Genre: Fairytale Retelling
Publication Date: March 2011
One Word Review: Alright
Author Website: www.heatherdixon.com


Similar Reads:
The Night Dance by Suzanne Weyn
Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George
Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!