Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crossed by Ally Condie

Synopsis: In search of a future that may not exist and faced with the decision of who to share it with, Cassia journeys to the Outer Provinces in pursuit of Ky - taken by the Society to his certain death - only to find that he has escaped, leaving a series of clues in his wake.Cassia's quest leads her to question much of what she holds dear, even as she finds glimmers of a different life across the border. But as Cassia nears resolve and certainty about her future with Ky, an invitation for rebellion, an unexpected betrayal, and a surprise visit from Xander - who may hold the key to the uprising and, still, to Cassia's heart - change the game once again. Nothing is as expected on the edge of Society, where crosses and double crosses make the path more twisted than ever.


Review: It’s been awhile since I read the first book and I found that while I remembered a lot, I also forgot a lot. I really like Ky and Cassia.I wonder about Xander, for those who know me you know I’m not a big fan of love-triangles, but I think it has been well done here. It seems like it more up in the air of who Cassia will end up with, I’m on Team Ky this time around (I think I was leaning towards Xander the first book), so I’m curious to see what will happen in the next book. Ky really won me over this time around. I like the world and I like the story. To be honest, I was a little disappointed in this one. It just moves a little too slowly for me, I just kept expecting something to happen. There are a lot of little things that happen, but not a lot of action. I guess that’s how the series is though, more of a story and less action. I think it’s a good series and I look forward to the next book.

Reading Order:
Book One: Matched
Book Two: Crossed
Book Three:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!