Monday, February 4, 2013

The Dreamer by May Nicole Abbey

Synopsis:
A dream in the night. A leap of faith. A quest for truth and treasure. From term papers and instant coffee to blood-thirsty pirates and buried treasure, Rachel Madera, a gifted university professor, finds herself travelling through time on a journey of discovery and danger, all because of a simple dream. Despite the threat, Rachel is undaunted, certain she holds the keys to unlock the mystery of a Pharaoh’s treasure … and alter the course of history. The only thing that stands between her and peril is Captain Mallory Tucker, a man with a tragic past and intractable moral code. Born of the sea, he is among the leading mariners of 18th century Europe. But the derelicts who make up his crew and the capriciousness of the ocean have taken their toll, and Captain Tucker is tired and jaded. The last thing he needs is a precocious young woman dropping onto his ship and creating havoc. But he’ll fight to the death for her honor, her beliefs…and her love.

Review:
I had my doubts about this when I first started; I didn’t hit it off with our main character Rachel. But, I knew my good friend Deb loved it, so I buckled down and before I knew it I was sucked into the story. I loved The Captain. He was a great lead and he really kept me wanting to read more. I also loved the pirate Captain Fredericks, he was hilarious. I even thought the villain was well done. My only problem with the book was Rachel; I just didn’t care for her. Luckily, as the book progresses she gets better. I did think that she had good chemistry with the captain and I enjoyed their scenes together. I thought it had a fun plot and was well written.

 Content:  Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!