Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Husband Maker by Karey White

Charlotte’s a girl with nicknames. She may not love being called Charles or Chuck, but the hardest nickname to take is the one she was given in college, the one that’s followed her now for too many years. They call her “the husband maker” and sadly, it fits. Every guy she's dated since high school has gone on to marry the next girl they date. Not two or three girls down the road. The very next one. Is she doing something wrong or is she just cursed? When Kyle Aldsworth enters the picture and sweeps her off her feet, Charlotte begins to hope that maybe she's not destined to be single forever. A senator’s son with political aspirations of his own, Kyle's wealthy, handsome, and in need of a wife. Will Charlotte be disappointed yet again, or will she finally be able to make a husband for herself?
I liked it! I liked that everything wasn't wrapped up in the conventional way. I'm looking forward to reading the next book, sad I have to wait until the fall, but grateful it's coming out sooner rather than later. Charlotte was a likable character. After finding out everyone considers her The Husband Maker, she is pretty upset. Her BFF Angus is there to help cheer her up, but its Kyle who comes in and sweeps her off her feet. He's almost too good to be true. They were cute together and by the end I was really rooting for them. Knowing the plot, the ending wasn't totally surprising, but I thought things would be resolved a little more than they were. I wish I had the second book on hand so I could jump back in and see how everything wraps up. Overall, I enjoyed it, but the ending left a lot to be desired. Took guts to end things the way she did though. It's one I'd recommend, especially if you have the next book on hand. Content: Clean

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!