Friday, January 16, 2015

Professional Boundaries by Jennifer Peel

At thirty two, Kelli Bryant is ready to take on the world, and Chandler Media, as the new Marketing Director, but her plans are derailed when her promotion is given to none other than Ian Greyson, Kelli’s old college flame, her one true love and the one man she hoped to never see again. Between Kelli’s determination to remain on top and Ian’s strict new office policies, there’s no shortage of fireworks in the office. Their explosive relationship spills over into their personal lives as Kelli tries to keep Ian at arm’s length and Ian desperately tries to win her back (during off hours only, of course).


My Review: I’m a sucker for lost-love stories; it’s always fun to watch a couple get a second chance at love. Kellie and Ian dated in college, but things ended badly when Ian up and dumps her unexpectedly and disappears from her life. Thirteen years have passed and Kellie is up for a big promotion at work when Ian shows up out of nowhere and ends up with the promotion that she had been working for. I liked that they had the unresolved break-up to deal with as well as him stealing her job. Lots of fun tension to work through.

I liked Kellie; she has worked hard and is successful at what she does. I could relate to her in wanting to experience married life and have a family of her own. I truly enjoyed my time working, but also always wanted to be a homemaker. And honestly, it’s the best job in the world. It’s harder and more rewarding than anything I have ever done. Kellie is an upbeat person, knows how to read people and has a touch of sass.

To be honest, I had mixed feelings about Ian. I could never quite figure out his character, his logicc didn't make sense to me. I guess I liked the idea of him more than the actual character. I did think they had some fun interactions though and good chemistry.

Overall, this was a fun read. I loved that it was lighthearted and clean. I’ll be looking for more from Ms. Peel.

Content: Squeaky clean, mild kissing

Source: Received complimentary copy from author for honest review.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for introducing me to this author! I just read her book "House Divided." I could not put it down! So so good! I'm looking forward to reading this one next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!