Thursday, March 10, 2016

Highway Revenge by Nadine Millard

Highway RevengeHighway Revenge by Nadine Millard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This has been nominated for a 2016 Swoony Award. Share the love and vote for it here.

4.5

When I saw my friends review of this one awhile back I made a mental note to bump it up my TBR list. It kept popping up and I finally decided to give it a try last night, and I ended up not being able to put it down! I've read a couple of Ms. Millard's other books, but this was by far my favorite of the bunch.

This was a fun read, Evelyn is a likeable heroine. She's had her personality stifled for the past ten years, living with her controlling and unloving Aunt & Uncle. Luckily, she had the love and support of her cousins Abby & Jonathan, even if they didn't quite understand her. It's not until Viscount Andrew Ashdon shows up that she begins to realize she doesn't want to be a quite little country mouse any longer. Evelyn and Andrew had fun chemistry, some of their scenes had me laughing out loud. And others had me swooning.

This was a well written story that moved along nicely, a bit of mystery and intrigue, misunderstandings and a sweet romance. I usually not care for "rakes" very much, they're all to common in regencies, but this is one of those rare cases where I believe that Andrew does love and respect Evelyn enough to change his ways. I would have preferred less innuendo, but appreciate that the author did keep things clean overall.

This definitely rates up there with one of the better regencies I've read and would look forward to reading again. A fun start to a new series! Actually, I have no idea if this is going to be a series or not, but I'm hoping if I send enough positive thoughts out there, then maybe we'll be lucky to get a book for Abby and Jonathan!

Content
Romance: Pretty clean. Some kissing and one scene that gets a little steamy but stays clean. Some lusty thoughts and mild innuendo.
Language: Mild, handful of mild cuss words
Violence: Mild

Source: Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!