Monday, February 13, 2017

Rachel Laine by Jennifer Peel

Rachel Laine (The Women of Merryton #3)Rachel Laine by Jennifer Peel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Yay!

This was a fun read. I really enjoyed it, kept me up way too late reading. Which is always a good thing.

This definitely has a complicated plot. Rachel Laine adopted her twin sisters son after she died in childbirth, raising him as her own. For the past eight years Rachel Laine has done everything for her son, they are extremely close. Her world is turned upside down when Drew's father, the famous baseball star Andrew Turner, suddenly shows up. Andrew is wanting to kick off his political career and plans on running for office, before he does he is looking to tie-up any loose ends and wants to find out if Drew is really his son. His main goal is to get elected and didn't plan on falling so hard or so fast for the beautiful Rachel Laine and his adorable son Drew.

I love how Ms. Peel always has unique plots and interesting problems her characters have to work through. Definitely keeps you invested and wanting to know how things are going to turn out. This is probably one of my favorites of her books. I really enjoyed Rachel Laine, Andrew and Drew. I enjoyed their story and thought their relationship was believable and their problems very realistic. Rachel isn't awed by Andrew's celebrity and isn't afraid to put him in his place. I wanted to shake some sense into Andrew quite a few times, but his mistakes seemed realistic and true to character. I thought it was well written and the characters were well developed.

This is part of a series, but stands well on its own. You don't have to read them in order, which is always nice (my favorite kind of series are like this, where they're set in the same town with overlapping characters, but stand on their own.) Overall, this was a fun read. Lots of chemistry and romance, I loved the small-town charm and supporting characters. This is one I would read again!

Content:
Romance: Clean, some kissing. Some talk of Sydney (Drew's birth mom) sleeping around, etc
Language: None (might have been one curse word??)
Violence: None
Religious: None

Source: Kindle Unlimited

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!