Friday, February 17, 2017

The Rise of Miss Notley by Rachael Anderson

The Rise of Miss Notley (Tanglewood, #2)The Rise of Miss Notley by Rachael Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Loved it!

While I love regencies that take place during the busy London season, I also adore the ones that take place away in the country. Gives us a whole new perspective of the time period and what their lives were like during that time. I also feel like the people become a bit more real, not so controlled by the rules of society and the upper ton.

Miss Coralynn Notley’s family has gained their riches through trade, something very much frowned upon by society. Her parents are eager to join the upper ton and have arranged a marriage between Cora and the first titled gentleman they could find. Always being strong and not allowing her parents to push her around, Cora flees her home and seeks her own path. Never feeling quite like she belongs and not knowing where else to turn, Cora seeks a position as a housekeeper at Tanglewood Manor.

I really loved Cora's character. Ms. Anderson has a way of not only writing characters I like, but characters that actually make me want to be a better person. That's what Cora was like for me, I loved her outlook on life and forgiveness. She's very kind and hardworking, but also fun and brings out the best in those around her. Mr. Jonathan Ludlow was also a very likable hero, a bit gruff at times, but has a very kind heart. Cora intrigues him from the start and he feels himself constantly drawn to her, despite her constantly messing up as his housekeeper. They have great chemistry and I kept wondering how they'd ever find a way to be together.

Filled with likable characters, an assortment of endearing supporting characters and a quaint country setting. The writing was well done, I was quickly drawn into the story and transported back in time to a charming regency world. It stands well on its own, but it was fun seeing Lord and Lady Drayson make an appearance and meeting Lady Harriet has me eagerly awaiting her book, which comes out this fall!

I'd definitely recommend to any regency fans, or just anyone who enjoys a sweet romance.

Content
Romance: Clean, swoony kisses
Language: None
Violence: None
Series: Tanglewood, Book Two - stands on its own

Source: Review copy (review 100% my own)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!