Saturday, March 25, 2017

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast (Steampunk Proper Romance #1)Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5

I've wanted to give the Steampunk genre a try for a long time now and was excited when I saw that one of my favorite authors wrote a book in this genre. I get to try out the genre by an author I trust and throw in a good Beauty and the Beasy plot and it turned out being pretty epic.

Lucy Pickett will do anything to help her cousing Kate. Kate is newly married and has taken up residence with her new husband at the family estate of Blackwell Manor. Home to the emfamous Earl of Blackwell, Lord Miles. Lord Miles has always been an outcast, but never moreso than when his wife mysteriously dies a month into their marrige, and his sister the very next day. Lucy is a fun character, she very self-assured and tenatious. She's a rising star in her field, but puts that all on hold to help her belovd cousin. She's has a good read on people and sees through Lord Mile's rough exterior to the good man beneath. I liked Lord Miles, I always like the broody hero that secretly has a caring heart. Lucy and Miles have great chemistry, the can but heads one minute and have a swoony moment the next. Lots of tension and obstacles for them to overcome.

I read a lot of regencies (I'm not sure if this is technically a regency, can't remember what year it was supposed to take place, but it feels like a regency timeframe), and I thought the added Steampunk and Paranormal elements were fun and unique. The mystery keeps you guessing and on the edge of your seat, you won't want to put this one down. Can't wait to read more from this series!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: Mild
Series: Steampunk Proper Romance, #1

Source: Netgalley, will be purchasing a hardcopy for my personal collection!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds right up my alley! Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know what you think of it. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!