Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Hot Cocoa Wars by Christene Houston

Hot Cocoa Wars: A Christmas RomanceHot Cocoa Wars: A Christmas Romance by Christene Houston
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Isn't that cover so cute!?!

I've really enjoyed the previous books I've read by this author, especially Cookie Girl Christmas! So, I was super excited when I saw she had a new Christmas book coming out right in time for our Christmas Swoon Fest! And the synopsis sounded like a lot of fun too!

I thought this had a fun setting, a little coastal town in California. I liked how the author worked in some Christmas cheer to really give that holiday vibe. I loved the idea of different flavored hot chocolate and was SO bummed that I didn't have any at home to drink while I read! (Advice: have some hot cocoa handy when you read this book!) The plot was cute, Lane is visiting over her Christmas break and wants to help her Aunt with her cocoa shop and help beat the competition a few doors down. I did expect there to be a little more feuding honestly, but the romance kind of pushes that to the background. Logan doesn't make the best first impression, but he's determined to win Lane over. I thought they had a sweet relationship, both very likable and nice people.

Overall, this was a cute and fun holiday read.


Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None
Religious: None- talk of doing service and meaning of Christmas, nothing preachy
Series: Standalone

Source: Kindle Unlimited



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!