Friday, December 1, 2017

KJ's Book Nook 2017 Reading Challenge

KJ's Book Nook has an annual reading challenge that I decided to quietly take part in. I have my little notebook where I've written down her challenge and when I read a book that fits, I'd jot it down. I've almost completed the entire challenge, might have missed a couple, but was happy I was able to complete so many! I look forward to her challenge next year!

2017 Reading Challenge


1. A book by an author you have never read. 
This was a bonus, it's an author I'd never read before and also a popular book I hadn't read before (I'm counting it for #11 in the challenge). I really enjoyed this first book, I read the second book in the series but kind of lost interest and haven't picked up the final book yet. 

Enclave by Ann Aguire
YA Dystopian

2. A book with a pretty cover.
This whole series has gorgeous covers, but this may be my favorite cover of the three. It's hard to choose though, all of Ms. Anderson's books have awesome covers. 

The Pursuit of Lady Harriett by Rachael Anderson
Traditional Regency Romance

3. A Trilogy
I really enjoyed this collection, fun stories with likable characters. They can stand on their own, but are fun to read in order. 

Pianos and Promises by Jennifer Peel
Christopher & Jamie, Beck & Call, Cole & Jillian
Contemporary Romance

4. A book by your favorite author.
Ms. Allen has been a favorite of mine for a really long time. I love that she writes in different genres and excels in whatever she puts her pen to. This was my first Steampunk read, and I thought it was very well done. Great romance too!

Beauty and the Clockwork Beast by Nancy Campbell Allen
Steampunk Regency Mystery Romance

5. A book by a friends favorite author.
Since I'm always chatting books with these ladies, I picked a book by each of their favorite authors. Kathy Jo, Heidi and Katie

Paige's Turn by Jennifer Peel
Contemporary Romance

A Fine Gentleman by Sarah Eden
Traditional Regency Romance

Asked and Answered by Jennifer Griffith
Contemporary Romance

6. A book you have read before.
I read this forever ago and thought it'd be a great one to choose for this challenge. I hope this is one that Ms. Rallison will re-release, it has a fun plot and cute characters. 

What the Doctor Ordered by Janette Rallison
(Aka Sierra St James)
Contemporary Romance

7. A book with a billionaire in it. 
There's a whole Bachelor Billionaire series by Taylor Hart, and I really enjoyed this one. Fun setting, good plot and was well written. 

The Undercover Groom by Taylor Hart
Contemporary Suspense Romance

8. A book with a one word title. 
This whole series has one word titles! I was a little nervous when I was looking through my 2017 shelf that I wouldn't be able to find a book with just a single word title. This series was fun! Best to read all three together, since each on its own is pretty short. 

Hacked by Stephanie Connelly Worlton
Contemporary Suspense Romance

9. A book that takes place on an island.
Perfect island getaway! Now that I'm living on an island (Hawaii), I could really picture the setting perfectly. A nice little beach getaway. 

From this Moment On by Debra Clopton
Contemporary Romance

10. A book with a topic you dislike.
Good book, but a topic I hate reading about is abuse. Although, it is always nice seeing characters overcome their abuse and of course find love. 

Begin Again by Crystal Walton
Contemporary Romance

11.  A book everyone has read but you.
See, #1 - Enclave

12. A YA bestseller.
I adore Ms. West's YA novels. Always fun and unique. 

By Your Side by Kasie West
YA Contemporary Romance

13. A favorite book from your childhood.
Um, hello? Nancy Drew is hands down my favorite series from my childhood. While they're obviously meant for a younger audience, I still enjoy reading them. 

The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene
YA Mystery

14. A book with a bad review from a Goodreads friend.
-I wasn't able to complete this one. 

15. Reread a favorite book from 2016
This is such a fun series, I always enjoy Ms. Guymon's books!

Falling for Rayne by Shannon Guymon
Contemporary Romance

16. A book with a hero/heroine's name that you love.
I not only loved the heroines name, Amelia, I loved this book! It's one of those books I just connected with right off the bat. Definitely look forward to reading it again. 

The Earl's Betrothal by Karen Tuft
Traditional Regency Romance

17. A book with your favorite color on the cover.
Pink. I love the color pink. There were a few books that had pink on them, but I kept coming back to this pretty pink dress! Also, this book was awesome!

A Lady of Esteem by Kristi Ann Hunter
Traditional Regency Romance

18. A book set in a place you would like to visit. 
I've read so many Regencies that England has made it to the top of my bucket list. I can't wait to visit there some day and tour all these places I've only read about in my fun regency books!

Once Upon a Time Travel by Sariah Wilson
Time Travel Regency Romance

Okay, so I completed almost ALL of the challenges! This was a super fun project to work on throughout the year. Lots of great books! I look forward to KJ's challenge next year!




2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I have two books left and I WILL get them done, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have one book left and I WILL get it done too! ;) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!