Sunday, February 4, 2018

Gladly Beyond by Nichole Van

Gladly Beyond (Brothers Maledetti Book 1)Gladly Beyond by Nichole Van
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5

Beautiful cover - check
Intriguing plot - check
Great reviews - check

This is my first time reading a Nichole Van book, although she has been on my TBR list for a long time. My good friend Kathy Jo just read and fell in love with this series and so I had to give it a try. This was definitely a very unique story.

What I liked:

I love a unique plot or storyline I haven't read before. This definitely has that with its paranormal elements that were woven in to a contemporary setting. The characters were likable, Claire and Dante have great chemistry. The stalker angle was handled well, kept me guessing. Supporting characters added a lot to the story and peaked my interest for future books. And just the overall story was intriguing and fun.

What I didn't like:

Reincarnation is just not my thing, but I set that aside and still enjoyed the book. The whole idea of "soul mates" does give Claire and Date an insta-love feel, which isnt a favorite for me. Lastly, while well written, my eyes tend to glaze over with art history and poetry, which is totally a personal preference.

Overall, a fun start to a new series. I enjoyed it and I'm definitely curious about the rest of the D'Angelo family and look forward to reading their stories. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys contemporary mysteries with a touch of the paranormal.

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: Mild swearing throughout (D)
Violence: Mild, stalking past memories(lives) of fighting and wars
Religious: None
Series: Brothers Maledettie, Book One

Source: Kindle Unlimited


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!