Sunday, February 10, 2019

Love and Karma by Shannon Guymon

Love and Karma: Book 1 in the Belfast SeriesLove and Karma: Book 1 in the Belfast Series by Shannon Guymon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Y'all, Ms. Guymon is back! I was so excited when I found out she had a new series coming up and jumped at the chance to read this first installment in the new Belfast series. Ms. Guymon is the Queen at writing small-town romance. I don't know how she does it, but by the end of the book I was ready to pack up and head for Belfast, Maine. She really created a fun atmosphere and great location. I've traveled through Main a few times and so it was easy to picture this charming seaside town.

Riley Nash is a likable character. I liked that she has a positive outlook on things, even when things are not going her way. She is a fighter and stands up for those around her. She is also brave, I can't imagine packing up and moving across the country all by myself. Riley makes it seem fun though! I enjoyed the supporting cast and how things play out. A touch of drama, betrayal and romance! There were some fun side characters that I hope get their own books in the future. I look forward to returning to Belfast again and again!

Overall, this was a fun read. Kept me engaged and turning the pages. I thought it was well written and the characters were well developed. Good balance of lightheartedness, romance and enough drama to keep you on your toes! Great job, Ms. Guymon!

Content
Romance: Clean, just kissing
Language: None
Violence: None
Series: Belfast, Book One

*Eligible for a 2019 Swoony Award for Contemporary Romance https://bit.ly/2Wv6dXk

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!