Friday, September 11, 2020

Loving a Lady by Nichole Van



My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Once again, Ms. Van has written a truly wonderful story. She really has a gift for storytelling and bringing her characters to life. Even the supporting cast felt alive and unique. I enjoyed the fun Scottish setting (which only made my desire to visit there one day grow stronger) and the overall feel of the book.

I will say, the prologue was just superb! I can't remember a better prologue, seeing the first meeting of Ewan and Violet, it really leaves you antsy to get into the rest of the book to find out what happens next. I've been on a kick lately, where I don't read the book synopsis, preferring to just jump right in (I can only do this with trusted authors), so I wasn't sure where this story would go. I was pleasantly surprised by the unique storyline, our giant of a hero being a master painter, while our strong, but gentle heroine was an Earl! She inherited the title, under Scottish law, and was basically the Big Boss, as my kids would say. They come from very different walks of life, but are drawn to each others goodness. I loved Ewan and Violet and was rooting for them to figure out a way to be together, it seems impossible.

I loved seeing Ewan's friends from the Brotherhood, one scene particular had my laughing out loud. I really love friendship storylines like this in books, that unshakable connection friends have for each other, how they would do anything for each other. We also get to learn a few more secrets from the ongoing mystery that was established in the first book, although it doesn't play too large a role in this story.

Overall, it was just a fantastic read. I thoroughly enjoyed every page. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series! (And perhaps, we could have a spin-off book or novella for Violet's twin sisters?? I would love to see what mischief they get into when they make their debut into society!)

Content
Romance: Clean, passionate kisses
Language: Very very mild, maybe one curse word?
Violence: Mild, talk of prizefighting
Series: Part of a series, could stand on its own, but would give away parts of the mystery, would recommend reading in order


Brotherhood of the Black Tartan Series
Suffering the Scot (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan #1) by Nichole Van Romancing the Rake (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan Book 2) by Nichole Van Loving a Lady (Brotherhood of the Black Tartan Book 3) by Nichole Van

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!