Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Enemy by Sarah Adams

The Enemy (It Happened in Charleston, #2)The Enemy by Sarah Adams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Y'all, have you discovered the wonderfulness of Ms Sarah Adams yet? She can write historical. She can write contemporary. I'm pretty sure she could make a medical textbook seem swoony.

I admit, I skipped the first book (I totally plan on reading it) because I have a soft-spot for enemies-to-lover tropes. I love them. Like a lot. And it was handled just perfectly in this book! Seriously, June and Ryan have pretty epic chemistry, a love-hate relationship that started in high school and hasn't let up in the twelve years since they last saw each other. I loved their banter, pranks and mixed in sweetness and swoon-worthy tension.

This was a fun lighthearted read, I had a permagrin on my face throughout. It also has some nice moments of character growth and just was a really well-rounded story. I loved June and Ryan, and I loved them together. I thought it was well written and had a great flow to it. I loved that it didnt have that "instalove" feel to it, but that their feelings developed at a believable pace.

Loved it!

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: None

Similar Books You May Enjoy...
#Awestruck (#Lovestruck, #3) by Sariah Wilson How I Met Your Brother by Janette Rallison

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!