Thursday, October 22, 2020

The Work of Art by Mimi Matthews

The Work of ArtThe Work of Art by Mimi Matthews
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been seeing Mimi Matthew books making the rounds for awhile now, everyone seems to just love her books! So, I finally decided to give her a try and I was not disappointed. I thought this was a well-written and engaging story.

I always enjoy a good marriage of convenience story and I thought this one was handled well. Phyllida Satterthwaite comes to London to try and make a match, not realizing her Uncle already has a man in mind. The notorious Duke of Moreland. One meeting with the Duke and Phyllida knows she cannot marry him. When things get more serious, she turns to her new friend Captain Arthur Heywood for help.

Arthur and Phyllida have a sweet relationship, I love stories where the H/h truly become friends and like one another. It's always nice to watch a couple fall in love, but its a bonus to me, when they really like one another as well. If that makes sense? Anyway, they have good chemistry, some sweet moments between them. I liked Phyllida quite a bit, she was a strong and caring character.

There is a light mystery running throughout and I thought it was handled well. The overall pacing was good and just found it an enjoyable read. Makes me want to check out more books by Ms. Matthews!

Content rated PG13 for mild sexual content and mild violence
Romance: Intimacy between married couple, closed door, one fade-to-black, some kissing
Language: Mild
Violence: Talk of war and battles, a kidnapping and shooting

Similar Books You May Enjoy...
The Earl's Betrothal by Karen Tuft A Tip of the Cap (London League #3) by Rebecca Connolly Seeking Persephone (The Lancaster Family, #1) by Sarah M. Eden

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!