Sunday, November 22, 2009

Megan Meade's Guide to the McGowan Boys by Kate Brian

Genre: YA Fiction

One Word Review: Fun

First Line: “Megan, we need to talk.”

Synopsis: “Megan is used to moving from place to place -- it's typical for an army brat. But she drew the line at South Korea. She insists on staying in the States to finish her last two years of high school. So her parents made arrangements for Megan to live with their friends, the McGowans...and the McGowans' 7 sons. Turns out, living with 7 boys might as well be a foreign country! The boys are messy. They are cliquey (who knew?). And worst of all, two of the oldest boys are H-O-T. (A problem considering they are supposed to be Megan's "brothers.") Megan is definitely in enemy territory. She needs to win over the boys' hearts without totally crushing her own. And when Megan starts falling for one of them, sibling rivalry takes on a whole new meaning....What is a girl to do?” -GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: I wasn’t sure what to expect with this one. I ended up liking it more than I thought I would, which is always a good thing. I really liked Megan’s character and how she really started sticking up for herself, which you really have to do when you’re living in a house full of guys! I thought this was a pretty original storyline and because of the situation there are plenty of awkward moments between Megan and the boys. I liked that Megan was such a nice person who really tries to do the right thing. She brings out the best in the people around her. I wouldn’t mind a sequel to the story of Megan’s senior year and a little more about who she ends up with. Fun story, pretty clean (there is a little swearing and talk of sex, but nothing in detail).

3 comments:

  1. I loved this book too. It was so cute and funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished Ex-mas by Kate Brian, and really enjoyed it. I definitely want to read more of her stuff in the future. I'll keep this one in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book was exactly what I needed. It was a perfect bubble gum book. I'll probably go through and read a bunch of her books now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!