Sunday, November 22, 2009

Wolf Tower by Tanith Lee

Genre: YA Fantasy

Author Website: www.tanithlee.com

One Word Review: Good

First Line: “Yes. I stole this. This book.”

Synopsis: “All her life, Claidi has endured hardship in the House, where she must obey a spoiled princess. Then a golden stranger arrives, living proof of a world beyond the House walls. Claidi risks all to free the charming prisoner and accompanies him across the Waste toward his faraway home. It is a difficult yet marvelous journey, and all the while Claidi is at the side of a man she could come to love. That is, until they reach his home . . . and the Wolf Tower.” -GoodReads

Kathy’s Review: La Coccinelle at Lady Bug Reads participates in a fun meme called “Share-a-Book Saturday”. Every Saturday you share or recommend a book that you think you’re followers would enjoy. In a way this kind of reminds me of Angieville’s Retro Friday Review and other similar memes.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago Lady Bug Reads chose Wolf Tower as their share-a-book and it really sounded like the kind of book that I would enjoy. I finally got a copy from the library and read it last night. I really did enjoy it, overall. Its written in journal format, which isn’t usually my favorite. I do wish there had been a little more dialogue and interaction between Claidi and Argul. Having said that, I did enjoy the book and Claidi’s journey. Claidi is a fun heroine with spunk and decides to take action and change her life. There was a lot of traveling going on in this story and by time we arrive at the final destination things got wrapped up a little too quickly, IMO. This is the first in a series of four books, so I imagine you’ll probably get more out of it if you read the rest of the series.

Reading Order:
Book One: Wolf Tower
Book Two: Wolf Star
Book Three: Wolf Queen
Book Four: Wolf Wing

3 comments:

  1. I've read all these books (twice, once as a teen and once now) and I love them! Claidi has such a fun sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've read book 1-3 but I'm not sure about the fourth one. There were pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series! I first ran across it in an omnibus edition and picked it up for a trip I was taking. It was those first few lines that sucked me in.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!