Monday, December 14, 2009

On A Personal Note

I normally don’t post about anything too personal, but I figured we could use all the help we could get so I decided to add a link to our adoption blog on BWN.

My husband Tyler and I have wanted to start a family for over four years and always thought by now we would have a few kids running around the house. Unfortunately, things haven’t quite gone as planned. Although the doctors have been unable to find anything wrong with either of us we decided to try infertility treatments anyway…without success.

We’re still going to keep trying but also thought it would be a good idea to look into adoption. We had talked about adopting anyway and thought we might as well get things rolling at the same time as we did the fertility treatments. We’ve been approved for adoption for almost two years, again without any luck. To help spread the word I thought I’d add a link to our adoption blog (which will be updated within the next couple of weeks) on our book review blog.

I guess you never really know where life will take you. I will be finishing my Bachelors here in a few months and will need to really start thinking about a career to keep me busy until the day when I can finally have my dream job…Mom.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck!! I hope you find your little angel soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear that you have had such issues with conception (that sounds so personal, but I don't know other ways to say it...)
    I actually understand one part of your story - my husband and I have discovered that so far we are unable to have children. Unfortunately there have been discoveries with me that correlate with our issue. We have discussed adoption but have yet to go through the process.

    Sorry to have rambled. Anyway, I wish you the best. Everything happens for a reason, even when it seems those reasons are not what we want them to be. If anything it has given me a good perspective on how important family is. Be it the twosome that is me & my husband or a house full of kids.

    Thanks for sharing on here. I will check out your other blog as well. You will be in my thoughts. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few relatives that have adopted, and their little ones came when they were supposed to. Adoption is a long process, but I am sure things will work out for you guys! You need a little bookworm running around the house!:) I will keep you guys in my prayers.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your troubles. Adoption is a wonderful thing though. Loved learning more about you. Good luck to you and your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the Lord puts into your path the right birth mom soon. I think adoption is the most beautiful gift. Your adoption blog looks awesome. You know I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!