Monday, December 14, 2009

Library Loot Monday

Library Loot is a weekly meme that is hosted by A Striped Arm Chair. It gives book bloggers an opportunity to share what fun books we have checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate visit A Striped Arm Chair and add your post link to their site. It’s a fun way to check out what other bloggers are reading.

Last week I read my first Georgette Heyer book (Sylvester) and enjoyed it so much I went a little crazy at the library ordering up their entire stock of Heyer books. I started reading The Grand Sophy the other day and am enjoying it so far. However, when she uses odd words like “animadverted,” I have to believe she kept a thesaurus nearby when writing her books and must have thought inserting these “smart” words would give the novel a more educated or old-fashion feel. Personally I think it's distracting and would prefer if she just said “complained”. Anyway, I still enjoy the story and look forward to reading the following books:
Charity Girl by Georgette Heyer
The Unknown Ajax by Georgette Heyer
The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer
A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer
The Nonsuch by Georgette Heyer
Frederica by Georgette Heyer

4 comments:

  1. i have never read a single Heyer. Maybe I shouldn't really confess to this, but I'm thinking I may need to remedy the situation pronto.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started read Heyer last year, and I really enjoy her! Have fun with your Heyer fest. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think I need to read some Heyer. If reading one book makes you take out SIX more, there's something good going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm not sure you have enough Heyer books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!