Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading. It is open to anyone and is a fun way to get a taste of different books. The rules are simple and everyone is welcome to participate.

1. Grab your current read.
2. Open to a random page.
3. Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
4. Be careful NOT to include spoilers (you don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
5. Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to the TBR lists if they like your teaser.
6. After completing your post, return to Should Be Reading and add a link in their “comment” section.

North and South
By Elizabeth Gaskell
Page 194

“I have never loved any women before: my life has been too busy, my thoughts too much absorbed with other things. Now I love, and will love. But do not be afraid of too much expression on my part.”

6 comments:

  1. I loved this book, although it can be kinda slow. The movie that the BBC did was outstanding and I'm in love with Mr. Thornton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've watched the film, but haven't got to the book yet. Here is my Teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the waiting list at the library for the movie, I'm excited to see it once I finish the book. I'm enjoying the book so far, but it does have its slow moments. Wasn't quite what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that's lovely. I mean, not that I like the sentiment, exactly, but those words put together, and what it reveals about the character. Great teaser!

    You can check out mine here, if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope to read this one for the "Wish I'd Read That Challenge". I have wanted to read it for awhile. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting - it's a sentiment I would be a little wary of if I was the woman he loved. Good teaser!

    Here's my teaser at my brand new website!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!