Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selections are:


Captivate
By Carrie Jones
Release Date: January 5, 2010

Synopsis: Zara and her friends knew they hadn't solved the pixie problem for good. Far from it. The king's needs grow deeper every day he's stuck in captivity, while his control over his people gets weaker. It's made him vulnerable. And now there's a new king in town. A turf war is imminent, since the new pixie king, Astley, is moving in quickly. Nick nearly killed him in the woods on day one, but Zara came to his rescue. Astley swears that he and Zara are destined to be together, that he's one of the good guys. Nick isn't buying it, though Zara isn't as sure -- despite herself, she wants to trust the new king. But it's a lot more than her relationship with Nick that is at stake. It's her life -- and his.

Why I’m Waiting: To be honest I wasn’t blown away with book one, Need. I am curious to see what happens in book two though and I’m a sucker for the covers. I enjoyed book one enough that it does pop into my mind now and again, and I’m interested in seeing what happens with Zara. Hopefully the few things I didn’t like about book one will be different in book two.
Bleeding Violet
By Dia Reeves
Release Date: January 5, 2010

Synopsis: Love can be a dangerous thing.... Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home. But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.

Why I’m Waiting: The cover first drew me to this one, it’s very pretty. I also think the story sounds intriguing as well. I’m betting there will be some fantasy elements throw in, and I’m hoping a love story (of which I’m also a sucker for).

2 comments:

  1. I shall have to read Need to decide if I'm waiting for this or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!