Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Only the Good Spy Young by Ally Carter

Genre: YA

Publication Date: June 2010

One Word Review: Entertaining

Author Website: www.allycarter.com


First Line
: “Targets acquired, ten o’clock.”

GoodReads Synopsis: When Cammie Morgan enrolled at the Gallagher Academy, she knew she was preparing for the dangerous life of a spy. What she didn’t know was that the serious, real-life danger would start during her junior year of high school. But that’s exactly what happened two months ago when she faced off against an ancient terrorist organization dead set on kidnapping her. Now the danger follows her everywhere and even Cammie “The Chameleon” can’t hide. When a terrifying encounter in London reveals that one of her most-trusted allies is actually a rogue double-agent Cammie no longer knows if she can trust her classmates, her teachers—or even her own heart.


Kathy’s Review
: I really liked this series. I think it’s fun, clean and unique. I like Cammie’s character, for the most part. I like it when she is sharp, uses her wits and really acts like the spy that she is. I just wish that would happen a little more often. Most of the time, she seems like your normal 17 year-old girl with insecurities and who relies on her friends to help her through the tough times. This book felt a lot like the 2nd, 3rd and 4th books…you learn a little more, but not a lot happens. I was kind of left wondering just how many books are suppose to be in the series, does anyone know? I like Cammie’s friends and of course I like Zach, even if we’re not sure whose side he is on. I do wish he would be in the book a little more and that there was a tad more romance (but, I’m just a sucker for romance). Overall, a good edition to the series and I look forward to seeing what happens with Cammie next.

Bookworm Rating: 4


Reading Order:
Book One: I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have to Kill You
Book Two: Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy
Book Three: Don’t Judge a Girl by Her Cover
Book Four: Only the Good Spy Young
Book Five:

1 comment:

  1. Great book! It left me with a smile on my face. It had so many twists in it that kept you intrigued all the way through.
    I would definitely would recommend Ally Carter's latest book, Out of Sight, Out of Time, which is the fifth book in the Gallagher Girls series. Great series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!