Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Seeking Persephone by Sarah M Eden



GoodReads Synopsis: The Duke of Kielder has more influence than Parliament, higher social standing than the Royal Family. No gentleman dares face him on the dueling field, nor risks testing his infamous temper. But His Grace is in need of a wife. Combine his fearsome reputation with a terribly scarred countenance and finding a lady willing to accept his hand becomes all-but impossible. When the Duke manages to secure a bride through a bit of trickery and an obscene amount of money, he is certain his problems are behind him. Except his purchased bride proves to be nothing like he expected. What is a man like the Duke to do with a bride who is gentle, loving and absolutely impossible to live without?


Kathy’s Review: I really enjoyed this book! Sarah is one of my favorite authors and I had to buy Seeking Persephone as soon as it was released. I was not disappointed. The story was great, had a marriage-of-convenience storyline which I’m always a sucker for. It was a bit like Beauty and the Beast, but also the Greek myth of Persephone and Hedes was mixed in. I really liked our main characters Adam and Persephone. They don’t meet until the day of their wedding and they couldn’t be more opposite. Persephone really wants to get to know her husband and has hope that maybe one day theirs will be a love match. Adam has had it pretty rough and has put up some pretty thick walls around his heart. They have good interactions together and it was fun to watch their story unfold. I especially loved Adam’s best friend Harry. He is really light-hearted and totally loyal to Adam, even though Adam is kind of mean to him. I guess Harry can see through the mean and knows that deep down Adam is just a softy. I enjoyed the book so much I went and re-read Courting Miss Lancaster, which follows Harry and Persephone’s little sister Athena. Both are great regency read and I would recommend reading them both!

Bookworm Rating: 5

Genre: Regency
Publication Date: September 2011
One Word Review: Great
Author Website: www.sarahmeden.com

Reading Order:
Seeking Persephone
Courting Miss Lancaster

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!