Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Northanger Alibi by Jenni James

Synopsis: The Russo family and Seattle, WA are no match for Claire Hart and her savvy knowledge of all things vampire related. Thanks to her obsession with the Twilight series, if there is anyone who would know a vampire when she saw one, it's Claire. And she's positive totally hot Tony Russo is a vampire--she just has to prove it. In this modern retelling of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, follow Claire's hilarious journey on her first summer adventure away from home, where she learns everything isn't what it seems, and that in some instances, reality is way better than anything she'd ever find in a book.


Review: What a fun read. I should say that I’ve never read the original Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen, so I can’t compare the two. I had a vague idea what the story was about and thought the author did a good job recreating the story in a modern setting. Our main character Claire is endearingly naive, especially at the beginning of the book. To say she is a fan of the Twilight series is a huge understatement. I thought it was a fun element to the story though. I liked Tony, he has a few great lines and the two had good chemistry together. While I thought they were cute together, I had a hard time buying that they were truly in love, maybe SERIOUS like though. I can definitely see things growing between them, but the whole book only takes place over a couple of weeks with a handful of date/interactions, so love is a bit of a stretch for me. If you suspend reality for a couple hours though, it’s a very fun entertaining read. I thought it moved along nicely and kept me wanting to read more. I think I may have a new author to look out for. I loved the sample of her next book Persuaded at the end; I really can’t wait for that one! I also hope we get a book about Tony’s sister Nora, I really liked her character.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!