Monday, November 23, 2015

Before the Larkspur Blooms by Caroline Fyffe

Before the Larkspur Blooms (Prairie Hearts, #2)Before the Larkspur Blooms by Caroline Fyffe
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm embarrassed to admit how long it took me to finally read this one. The author was very kind to send me a review copy awhile back, unfortunately with all my moving around it's now safely in storage. While updating my reading list the other day I realized I never reviewed this one. So I grabbed a copy from Amazon and curled up next to the fire and dived into the charming town of Logan Meadows.

Thom Donovan has spent the past eight years in prison for a crime he didn't commit. He is finally free and looking forward to returning home and starting new. Things are not quite how he left them and he's in for a few surprises, not all of them are good. I liked Thom's character quite a bit. He has grown a lot over the past eight years. I liked that he was strong and wanted to redeem his family name, prove himself. I also liked our heroine, Hannah. Also a strong character who doesn't put up with much. I liked that she wasn't afraid to show Thom how she felt, even when he was pushing her away. I felt their friendship and felt their love for each other. I thought they were a cute couple.

There were two different stories woven into this one book. I admit, I wasn't a big fan of sharing page-time on another couple/story. Maybe if the second story had been told more from Thom/Hannah's POV somehow it wouldn't have bugged me so much. I guess I just wanted the focus to be on Thom and Hannah.

Overall, I enjoyed this one. I liked the setting of Logan Meadows and the interesting people that live there. I look forward to checking out the rest of the series!

Content
Romance: Clean, mild kissing
Language: None-Mild, seems like there might have been a couple
Violence: Mild
Religious: None

Source: Originally review copy in storage so got mine via Amazon

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!