Friday, November 6, 2015

Married 'til Monday by Denise Hunter

Married 'til Monday (Chapel Springs, #4)Married 'til Monday by Denise Hunter


I just have to say, I love the cover!

I always enjoy Ms. Hunter's books and I've been looking forward to reading this one. I've enjoyed this whole series and was curious to finally get some answers about Ryan and Abby.

Ryan and Abby were college sweethearts, but their happily ever after came to an end only a year (or so) into their marriage when Abby leaves Ryan. The story picks up three years later when Ryan finds would Abby never told her parents about their divorce. When he's invited to his in-laws anniversary party he sees it as a second chance with Abby.

While I did enjoy this story, it deals with some sad childhood trauma and it did give the book a heavy feel, at least for me. Abby has a lot of issues to work through, I was kind of hoping it would have been something she dealt with the three years they were separated, it seemed a little late in the book when she finally realizes how her upbringing has effected her relationship with Ryan. I liked Abby okay, but I definitely wanted to jump in there and shake some sense into her a few times. Ryan was great, he was patient and so in love with Abby. Again, I would have liked to see them together when Abby was in a more healthy place and I would have loved for her to confront her dad.

Overall, I did enjoy this one. It was well written and sucked me in. I read it in one sitting.

Content
Romance: Clean
Language: None
Violence: Mild (view spoiler)</["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]></["br"]>

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!