Friday, January 13, 2017

Author's Corner


Welcome to our newest Book Blog Meme hosted by Bookworm NationKatie's Clean Book Collection and KJ's Book Nook! Once a month Author's Corner will feature either a favorite author or new to us author. We will share the author's bio, one of our favorite books of theirs and a review. Each of us will be featuring a different author each month so there will also be links to each of our posts.

We love finding and sharing amazing authors with others, We thought this would be the perfect way to share the love not only with other bookworms but with the authors that we absolutely adore! So... without further adieu... may we present our first...Author's Corner!


For my first Author's Corner I am going to choose...

Nancy Campbell Allen


"Nancy Campbell Allen is the author of 13 published novels and several novellas, which encompass a variety of genres from contemporary romantic suspense to historical fiction. Her Civil War series, Faith of our Fathers, won the Utah Best of State award in 2005 and two of her historicals featuring Isabelle Webb, Pinkerton spy, were finalists for the Whitney Award. Her steampunk novel, Beauty and the Clockwork Beast, was released August, 2016, through Shadow Mountain. She served on the 2015 LDStorymakers Conference Committee and currently serves as the Teen Committee coordinator for The Teen Writers Conference. She has presented at numerous conferences and events since her initial publication in 1999.

Her formal schooling includes a B.S. in Elementary Education from Weber State University and she has worked as a ghost writer and freelance editor, contributing to the releases, We Knew Howard Hughes, by Jim Whetton, and My Life Encapsulated, by Kenneth Brailsford.

Nancy loves to read, write, travel and research, and enjoys spending time laughing with family and friends. She and her husband have three children, and she lives in Ogden, Utah with her family and one very large Siberian Husky named Thor."
 
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I've been a big fan of Nancy's for a long time. The first book I read of hers was A House Divided, I believe this was around 2003 (before I had Goodreads or my review blog), I was hooked on that series. I quickly looked up anything else she had written and fell in love with her books (I think she had about eight books at that time. She became an autobuy author for me pretty early on, and I always kept an eye out for when she had a new release. It's hard for me to narrow down a favorite book, so I'll pick a random one (seriously, they're all so good)...


Romantic Suspense
Book Two, but can stand on its own
 
Conner O'Brian knows his engagement is a mistake, but before he can take steps to end it, his fiancée is dead and FBI agents are on his doorstep. Then Liz Saxton, a resourceful and self-assured private investigator, shows up looking dangerously like the woman he thought he loved. Conner is hardly looking for a new romance, and the last thing Liz wants is to get involved in a murder investigation with someone as attractive as Conner O'Brian.

Before they know it, Liz and Conner find themselves on a nonstop chase across continents and oceans in a race to find the evidence they need before a bullet finds them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 

And don't for get to check out Kathy Jo's post here and Katie's post here!
 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Do you have a blog and want to join us for Author's Corner? Then grab the picture and post with us! We will be posting the 2nd Saturday of each month. Make sure you share your link with us so we can check out your favorite authors as well! 

Happy reading my fellow bookworms! 💗

4 comments:

  1. YAY! I love it! This book definitely sounds intriguing. I will have to check it out for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love her books!! There are so many great books and authors out there and I'm glad we can spotlight some of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed her novellas from Timeless romance and Timeless Regency, and a few of her latest books are on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for spotlighting me!! This just made my day, my week, everything!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!