Monday, April 17, 2017

The Earl's Betrothal by Karen Tuft

The Earl's BetrothalThe Earl's Betrothal by Karen Tuft
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've enjoyed the contemporary books Ms. Tuft writes and was curious when I saw she was dipping her toes in the Regency genre. I think she's really found her niche, I really loved this book!

I liked Amelia, she's positive, kind and is able to stick up for herself. After loosing her parents she has to become a paid companion. She quickly becomes one of the family, as much as her station would allow anyway. Lord Anthony is presumed dead, but surprises everyone when he shows up alive and well. Sparks fly right from the start with Anthony and Amelia, but their different stations in life mean nothing can come from the chemistry the feel for each other. Lord Anthony felt like the perfect Regency gentleman to me, same with his friends. He's the type Hero I like reading about and rooting for. Acts with honor, is charming, a bit broody and treats his lady love with respect. It was fun watching these two come together, they really balance each other out well.

This was a delightful regency, it deals with some serious issues like Anthony's PTSD, but never gets too heavy. I loved that parts take place out in the country and the rest in London. It really has a very traditional regency feel to it, which I loved. I liked Anthony and Amelia quite a bit, enjoyed the scenes when they're together and trying to figure out how these two could get their happily ever after. I enjoyed the supporting characters (hope some of Anthony's friends will get their own books), the settings were fun and was well written.

Recommend to fans of Sarah M. Eden and Julianne Donaldson.

Content
Romance: Clean, just kissing
Language: None
Violence: Mild - talk of war and Anthony suffering from PTSD. An attack on Amelica. Nothing overly graphic.
Religious: Very mild.

Source: Netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!