Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Rodeo Rescuer by Lynette Eason

Rodeo Rescuer (Wrangler's Corner #2)Rodeo Rescuer by Lynette Eason
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Starts out very exciting, sucked me in and definitely had me wanting to find out what was going on. our main character Tonya is on the run, hiding from her ex-boyfriend turned stalker. After he attempted to kill her, he was locked up but for some reason got out of jail and started stalking her again, forcing her into hiding. The book picks up a few years later when Tonya has established a new life and successful career. Somehow her stalker has tracked her down and wants to finish the job, once and for all.

I enjoyed the overall idea for this one and loved the rodeo setting. I went to my very first rodeo just a couple months ago and absolutely loved it. I loved seeing behind-the-scenes and having the story based around a rodeo. While I loved the setting and plot idea, the execution didn't quite do it for me. Tonya was a likable enough character, but she had so many near misses it seemed a little over the top. Seth was just okay for me, I never really felt that much romantic chemistry between the two. I think the suspense angle could have been developed a little better.

Overall, I did enjoy the story and look forward to trying more of Ms. Eason's books.

Content
Romance: Clean. Mild kissing
Language: None
Violence: Mild. Attempted murder (a few different times, not graphic)
Religious: Very mild
Series: Wranglers Cove, Book Two. I haven't read the first book, and thought this stood well on its own. This does talk about who the bad guy was in book one though.

Source: Netgalley

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!