Monday, October 9, 2017

Saving Shadow by Laura Beers

Saving Shadow (The Beckett Files, #1)Saving Shadow by Laura Beers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was excited to try out this debut novel by Laura Beers, it has my favorite regency setting with a fun suspense and isn't that cover awesome!

Lady Elizabeth Beckett is not your typical regency miss, she may be the daughter of a Duke, but is also a spy. Eliza has a close circle of people she actually trusts and takes some time warming up to her new partner, Lord Benedict Sinclair. I enjoyed the idea of Eliza being a spy, which is so not your typical regency heroine. She's good what she does and tries to make the right choices. Eliza and Benedict have good chemistry, and tension. I usually like when the romance is more natural or a little slower building, to where you feel like the H/h have really gotten to know each other and fallen in love. When it happens too quickly, it sometimes looses the believability. But I did think Eliza and Benedict were a good couple and I was rooting for them to get their HEA. The suspense/mystery was well done and kept me interested and wondering how things would all work out.

Regencies purist may have problems with some of the historical details, but overall, I thought this was a fun read and I look forward to reading more from Ms. Beers.

Content
Romance: Clean, mild innuendo and kissing
Language: None
Violence: Mild, talk about kidnapping/prostitution
Series: Beckett Files, Book One

Source: Review Copy


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!