Saturday, January 20, 2018

The Sidelined Wife by Jennifer Peel

The Sidelined Wife (More Than a Wife Series Book 1)The Sidelined Wife by Jennifer Peel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Another great read by Ms. Peel!

I admit, I stayed up way too late finishing this one. I kept thinking "just one more chapter" and it was totally worth it. This was a fun one to read all in one sitting, really get into the story and characters.

Recently divorced, Samantha Decker doesn't quite know what to do with herself. Still reeling from the shock of her husband cheating and getting his mistress pregnant, she starts writing in her blog again and is surprised when her posts become so popular. Writing helps not only heal the pain she is feeling, but helps others as well. Finding a new purpose she is able to slowly start moving on with her life. I could relate to Samantha in a lot of way (thankfully not the bad stuff), we're close in age, both mothers and so it was easy to relate to what she was going through and admire how she handled everything. She's a strong and vulnerable character. Ah, and Reed Cassidy was a nice little surprise for Samantha!

I thought this was a great story and kept me glued to the pages. The characters are well-developed and felt like there was a lot of substance to the story. It's easy to root for Samantha and really want to see her get a new HEA. I look forward to more from this new series, More Than a Wife.

Content
Romance: Clean. Kissing, talk of infidelity and mild talk of sex-not graphic
Language: Mild
Violence: None
Religious: None
Series: More Than a Wife, Book One

Source: Kindle Unlimited

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!