Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Author's Corner - Valerie King

Welcome to Author's Corner hosted by Bookworm NationKatie's Clean Book Collection and KJ's Book Nook! Once a month we will feature either a favorite author or new to us author. We will share the author's bio, one of our favorite books of theirs and a review. Each of us will be featuring a different author each month so there will also be links to each of our posts.

For this month's Author's Corner I am going to choose...


I was tempted to just copy her Bio from her website, it's a fun read and you get to know her a little better. You can read it hereIn 2005, Romantic Times gave her a Career Achievement award in Regency Romance. Currently, she’s bringing her extensive Sweet Regency backlist to the public and working on Regency Historicals and Sweet Regency Novellas.  She also writes under a pen-name Caris Roane (which I don't think are clean reads, but I could be wrong). 

*********************************************************************************
I really got into Regencies while living in Okinawa. I discovered all these wonderful books written in the 90s. I remember searching all over Goodreads and Amazon and making a list of authors to try. Ms. King was one of them. I wish I could remember which book I read of hers first, but I do remember really enjoying her writing style and thought she was a great storyteller.  I believe she's written over 50 Regencies, I know she was in the process of re-publishing them as ebooks. I'm hoping she continues to do so, but if not I'll be buying up her out of print books asap. Besides, don't you just love these old covers! I think they're charming. My Lady Vixen, was a fun read. I really enjoyed it, great banter and clean swoony romance with a unique plot and likable characters. 

About the book

Angry at Lord Stoneleigh for jilting her two friends, Charlotte Amberley becomes involved in a plot to ruin him, but when she finds herself falling in love with him, she regrets her role in his imminent downfall. 

**********************************************************************************

Which authors do you love? Who are some of your favorites?


Be sure to check out 



to see their author picks for February!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!