Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Guild of Secrets by Shannon Lynn Cook

Guild of Secrets (Obsidian Queen Book 1)Guild of Secrets by Shannon Lynn Cook
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love finding a new Urban Fantasy series to follow. I broke my own rule (of not starting a series unless the whole thing is complete) and gave this one a try. I was quickly pulled into the story and it kept me glued to the pages. The worldbuilding was good, I thought it had a unique take on Fae and it was fun learning about the different factions. The story moves along quickly, and we're introduced to quite a few main characters. Has a good set-up for the rest of the series and leaves you wanting to grab the next book, but enough closure to not leave you totally hanging.

While I did like the characters, I just have to say, Madeline came off as pretty fickle. Putting it mildly, her interest in different guys jumped around a lot. Part of the problem, and the story's biggest weakness, is the whole thing takes place in a week. I have no idea why it needed to happen in a span of just a few days. Why not have after the first chapter or so, a time jump of a month or so at least? For me that would make the relationships a little more believable and the overall story a bit stronger. I did like the Knights a lot though, and the witty banter throughout. The characters are fun and intrigued me enough I want to see what happens with them next.

Overall, its a fun Urban Fantasy and entertaining read. Would recommend to anyone that's a fan of the genre.

Content (PG13):
Romance: Clean, some steamy kisses, mild innuendo
Violence: Mild (view spoiler) Nothing overly graphic or disturbing

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!