Wednesday, January 29, 2020

The Solicitor's Son by Rachael Anderson

The Solicitor's Son (Serendipity #3)The Solicitor's Son by Rachael Anderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A Regency that really stands out from all the rest!

Regency's seem to be really popular right now, which is great for fans of the genre, but can also be a bit overwhelming trying to decide which to read. I love that Ms. Anderson really takes the time to develop her characters and the writing is always spot on. I know when I grab one of her books I will always get a great story.

I've really enjoyed the Serendipity series and have been looking forward to reading Sophia's story for quite a while now. With her family estate in jeopardy, family pressure, she is left with little choice but to marry. I liked Sophia, she was easy to root for, she came across as believable and relatable. I also really enjoyed Hugh's character, we get some of his POV (I wouldn't have minded more) and their interactions are always full of emotion and draws you in. I love a good forbidden love story and these two by society's standards shouldn't even be friends! I loved their friendship and felt that connection between them early on. It was fun to see how their story unfolds. We also get to catch up with characters from the previous books which is always nice.

Overall, a very pleasant, sweet regency. I enjoyed the summer house party aspect and being away from the busy London season. Fun setting, good characters and well written. Would recommend to any regency fan.

Content (G): Clean romance, no language

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I appreciate hearing from you!